Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Microsoft Azure resource manager portal - check the core limit using PowerShell

Recently I had to work on a new Azure tenant in resource manager portal. Unfortunately there was an issue when creating new virtual machines. It gave me an error saying that cores are not sufficient.

bce9ff21-e598-497a-8e9e-a7193521ff4d

I needed to verify the core availability.

In Azure classic portal I can easily navigate to my subscription and check available resources like below.

image

Let’s try to check the same with Azure resource manager portal.

image

Oops. I couldn’t find any place in new portal to check the resource usage. specifically number of cores available versus utilized.

But there is a way to check that. We can use Azure PowerShell.

First you need to download Azure PowerShell module. Following are the commands we need to use.

Login-AzureRmAccount

Get-AzureRmSubscription –SubscriptionName "Pay-As-You-Go" | Select-AzureRmSubscription

Get-AzureRmVMUsage -Location "australiaeast"

8478a723-d9d1-4d32-9840-667345c82b92

No comments: